SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 16TH, 2018
You are invited to apply for entry to the Sedona Arts Festival’s Fine Art Gallery.
The Fine Art Gallery is an opportunity for artists to participate in the Sedona Arts Festival without the expense of a full booth. The Sedona Arts Festival is one of the longest running in the Southwest, attracting artists from across the nation. Celebrating its 28th year, it has become a premiere destination arts festival, known for the quality of art and first class treatment of both its artists and its guests.
Proceeds from the Sedona Arts Festival, and the Fine Art Gallery specifically, are returned to the community through scholarships and art education grants. The Sedona Arts Festival, a non-profit entity, promotes awareness of the arts, supports artists, and builds community in the greater Sedona area. We financially support art programs and provide financial scholarships for our youth.
The Fine Art Gallery is a new featured area of the festival. Under one large tent, artist pieces will be displayed with professional presentation and lighting provided by the Sedona Arts Festival. SAF staff will manage sales with a portion of sales benefitting the Sedona Arts Festival giving programs. Artists will be paid their portion of sales promptly after the festival.
We are specifically encouraging Sedona-based and regional artists to participate in the Fine Art Gallery. This offers the artist an opportunity to participate in Sedona’s oldest and largest premiere arts event if a full-booth presentation is not needed by the artist.
ENTRY FEES: $20 per piece for the following categories: Paintings and Three Dimensional works.
Artists may enter up to three pieces in each of the above categories. Each entry requires a separate application.
- Artists 16 yrs. or older are welcome
- All entries must be for sale
- 35% commission will be collected on all sales
- All entries must be original and entirely the work of the artist
- No copies, derivatives or reproductions; work cannot be based on copyrighted or previously published materials
- Entries must have been produced within the last two years
- Artists may not substitute or alter the work, title, or price after it has been accepted
- Awards are chosen by the Jurors from the original works of art
- Digital images of selected work will be retained by the Sedona Arts Festival. SAF assumes permission to reproduce accepted artwork for promotional uses
- All works accepted into the exhibit are to be dropped off at the Festival grounds at Sedona Red Rock High School on Thursday, Oct.11, between 9 am and 3 pm with a copy of the application attached.
- Artwork not sold during Festival MUST be picked up Sunday (Oct. 14) at the end of the Festival between 4 and 6 pm.
Storage of unsold items for future pick up is not available. Therefore, if you cannot pick up your work, you will need to make arrangements for someone else to do so. Work remaining after 6:00 pm October 14 will become the property of the Sedona Arts Festival.
Oil, acrylic, pastel, tempera, airbrush, gouache, encaustic, fresco, watercolor, collage and mixed media with painting dominant.
Three Dimensional Art:
This category encompasses both fine artisan work based on functional concepts and non-functional three-dimensional art. Included are: clay, mosaic, metal, stone, wood, glass, fiber, and basketry. Functional dinner ware will not be accepted.
Presentation & size requirements for Three Dimensional Art
Three-dimensional work may not exceed 36H” x 24W” x 24D
- No on-site assembly is allowed
- Textile entries must not exceed 900 square inches
- Hanging textiles, rugs or quilts must have a sleeve for mounting; a hanging rod must be provided
Presentation and size requirement for Paintings:
- Finished artwork must not exceed 30″ H x 30″ W. Framed pieces must fall within these specifications.
- Artwork must be wired for hanging. Sawtooth picture hangers are not accepted. Hanging wire may be visible ONLY if it is part of the overall design of the piece.
Paintings and Three Dimensional Works are juried online
DIGITAL IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
- Digital images are required for online entry
Formatting Your Images
Please follow these specifications in order to attach these images to your application successfully.
- Recommended Dimensions: 1920 pixels on the longest side.
Note: To assist artists who do not have images that are 1920 pixels or larger, the system will also accept images that are at least 1400 pixels on the longest side.
- File Format: Save all images as Baseline Standard JPEG. Do not save as a Progressive JPEG.
- File Size: JPEGs should be under 5 MB in size.
- Recommended Resolution:between 72 and 300 ppi
Note: You may need to lower your resolution if the file size is larger than 5 MB.
- Color space: Save images in RGB color space.